Race Equality North Somerset (RENS) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Where we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
RENS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 2022.
What information do we collect for support and signposting purposes?
We collect the following information, including some personal data:
- contact information – for example, business or personal email address
- mailing preferences – the type of communication you would like to receive through direct contact from us
- IP address of the computer you used to subscribe
- Time and date that they subscribed to the mailing list and the specific conditions you agreed to (this is the words that appeared on the sign-up form).
The legal basis for processing this data is consent.
When gaining consent, RENS gives individuals a choice about the information that they want to receive. It displays information about consent clearly and prominently, separate from any other terms and conditions and it keeps a record of this consent. Consent can be withdrawn and mailing preferences can be changed at any time.
You can change your mailing preferences at any time. It is not a requirement for accessing services and support from us that you are subscribed to any of our mailing lists. If you wish to opt-out of any or all communications from us.
All our information, signposting, support and social activities will be carried out in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
What information we collect
We collect the following information, including some personal and sensitive data:
- contact information – for example telephone and/or personal email address.
- location – RENS is established and funded to work in the North Somerset area.
- special interests – when describing the organisation or its intended membership, applicants share with us details which may contain sensitive data relating them, for example The legal basis for processing this data is legitimate interest.
What we do with the information we collect
We use this information for the following reasons:-
- internal record keeping
- we may send you emails about new projects that may be useful to you ie. Information, training projects etc.
- we may send you information we think you may find interesting such as our newsletter
- we may contact you for research purposes – by email, phone or fax
- to customise the website according to your interests/needs
- to enable your request for support, signposting and information to be processed properly
Managing our use of your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties without your permission unless we are required by law to do so. You may choose to restrict the collection of your personal information for these purposes at any time.
We may need to share across different services data that individuals submit to us as part of the process for requesting support or information from us.
To cancel permission for us to use your personal information please contact us.
How to find out what information we hold about you
You can request details of the personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 2018. If you would like a copy of the information we hold about you, please contact us.
How to correct information we hold about you
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Cookies used by our service providers
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites which are outside our control and are not covered by our privacy statement. If you access other websites, these sites may collect information from you which will be used in accordance with their privacy statement. This may differ from ours, and you should exercise caution and look at their privacy statement to find out how your information is used.
If you have any queries you can contact us using the details published on the Contact page on our website.